- LOOK AT YOUR CREDIT REPORT: Get a copy from an RBI approved credit bureau and check your credit score. You’re entitled to one FREE copy of your credit report every 12 months from each of the four credit bureaus in India.
- FREEZE! DON’T APPLY MORE!: Do not hasten to re-apply with another bank as they would be able to see your rejection by the previous bank.
- PUNCTUALITY IS A VIRTUE: Set up your calendar to remind you when to pay your EMI’S and card dues.
- NO DEBT MEANS NO CREDIT SCORE: Sign up for a credit card with a small limit and make your payments on time.
- DON’T BE A CREDIT JUNKIE: Rampant usage of Credit cards is accountable for a low Credit score. Restrict your spending upto 30-35% of your credit limit.
- FIX INACCURACIES: Your credit report may have errors like name, incorrect accounts etc. listed on it by mistake. Send an email to your respective CIC- mention Report ID, highlight issue and include any supporting documents required.
- THINK LIKE A BANK: What will be the problem? Find out & fix it by regularly checking your credit score.
Reach us at email@example.com